The Weapons Factory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weapons Factory

One Kick Ass Steam Community

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» back in bsns
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby replica watches Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:08 am

» L4D2 related videos (why not)
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby replica watches Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 am

» Free rhythm game called Osu
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby replica watches Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:35 am

» Some good advice I read about melee
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby replica watches Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 am

» Anyone know if...?
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby replica watches Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 am

» Whats up?
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby Paul Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:44 pm

» The Screenshot Game
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby Paul Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 am

» TF2 Videos
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby Bobipine Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 pm

» Random question's place (I dunno)
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby Bobipine Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 pm

» hey, anyone know a good video editing program.
A bit of theories Icon_minitimeby Paul Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:32 pm

A bit of theories

Go down 
+2
SkaterCanuck
Bobipine
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:17 am

So after reading on the Official VALVe TF2 forums, it would appear that new sound files have appeared in games, which are likely to be hints for the next update, some speculate a Soldier/Demo update. It is said that the sound file is only hear able to certain situations (mostly soldiers and demo so far I think) and involve friendship and betrayal. Since I haven't really played lately I can't speak for myself, but if any of you want to advance some theories for the fun of it, go ahead.

here's 2 posts that writes about that
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1055159
this one is pretty much a joke thread though
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1055572

And also, don't you think it's a bit strange they add some background story elements to a 2 years old game, now (Saxton Hale, the apparent father of the founders of BLU and RED, some mysterious person in the letter of his dying will....)

Last edited by Bobipine on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong link, and added information and such, you don't really care)
Back to top Go down
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:18 pm

damn, beat me to the post bobi, that upsets me Razz I agree, I smell an update coming. Forums seem to think its a solder/demo update because they've been appearing together in a lot of ads. Normally I would say they're being stupid, but they nailed the sniper update being a double as well...

Its all very curious. Robin Walker (who is quoted in one of those threads i think) was saying the friend sound effects have nothing to do with steam friends... but who knows? If its a saxton hale update though I will be so happy. I love those comic covers with a passion.
Back to top Go down
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Or it could just be valve being trolls again. Everyone's gonna rush online to try and hear the sounds.
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm

well after reading trough the 13 pages post (why does I badly need to study right now?) a lot of it it repeats itself, heard it as soldier, demo, in setup phase, while capping a point. There are some cases of scouts, medic and pyro hearing it, as well of a mysterious icon appearing where the domination icon usually appear. The icon seems to result of a graphical bug, and some guy came up with the C++ files (I have no idea how he got those) that gives classes 3 and 4 (soldier and demoman if we base our self on the TFC class order) 10% chance of getting a random file, which appears to be the voice clips. Robin himself stated that those clips aren't related to Steam friends, and the question isn't who's saying the clips, but who's hearing it, hence more hint toward soldier and demo dual update. He also said that so far no one had the answer, but the interview happened one or two days before an actual solly demo dual update. The missing part of the puzzle seems to be the friendship thing, some say it's related to the cut-out person in the Zephir Mann picture from the Halloween update, and one guy came up with some math involving class order, those who still need an update, ending up exactly one week before Christmas, friendship could be some knid of truce.. well that pretty much summarize the posts, I think
Back to top Go down
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 pm

good summary Razz

The guys who pick up the code somehow make me smile, but really I tend to follow the ad images that valve puts out more. I mean remember the whole april fools jarate one? spy and the sniper on one page? Then they kept popping up together in other images right up until the big reveal.

But after the whole halocaust, they may just be dicking around
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Must.... research, and see if I can aquire one of these messages in game, for I has been a dirty idler.
*EDIT* read some more posts, realized dirty idlers can get it. =O

Last edited by Dr.Kickass on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 pm

to my knowledge, idlers and non idlers can both hear the voices, makes us one again, just like before the meaningless halocaust that has been forced upon us
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Storyline seems to get deeper, and direct link to the meet the spy?

http://www.teamfortress.com/war/administrator/index.htm

Edit:hey It's my 123th post! well how about some story wise theories, the missing person in the Halloween photo, was a good friend of zeiphir mann, or whatever it's spelled. Mann's wife, the announcer disapproved that friendship since her only "friends" stabbed her more in the back then spies, she then learned to never trust anyone, exceptionally "friends". Mann and the mysterious man were proposed a dual, which was proposed by Saxton Hale, truly requested by the announcer who was the actually seeing both mans, just to pursue her own goals that she and Hale happens to share. When her "husband" died from the competition, she was shocked that what she desired to possess was given to Mann's friend. She then putted up her both sons to the task of recovering that specific item, somewhere in the gravels of America. The Soldier and Demoman's friendship put her whole operation in jeopardy, because upon learning they are merely pawns into some kind of personal vendetta, surely they'll organize mutiny and ruin everything!!!!

does it make sense at all? geek oh, and let me correct myself, change "announcer" for "administrator" as it is said in the comic

Last edited by Bobipine on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:17 pm

did anyone notice the announcement from the offical tf2 steam group "Friendship ends in one day."
with a little comic?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:17 pm

ohh it appears I have been beaten
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:20 pm

soo it looks like everyones speculation was correct XD
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

no hidden links it this one.. but it is followed by "Stay tuned..."

and it says... friendship ends in ONE day

WHY VALVe? You always release intriguing stuff when I need to study! (and Nintendo did it too whit the release of Brawl, but that's aside the point)
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

yea, I too have to study -_-
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Is it me... or VALVe enjoy separating the community... Hats, halocaust, bills hats, and now Soldiers V.S. Demomen

but this one might actually be a healthy competition, which destroys friendship if we listen to the administrator/announcer
Back to top Go down
Dr.Kickass

Dr.Kickass

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm

And I am sure to result in victory.

P.s. I might become tyrannical, if I do so. obey me!
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 pm

only bad thing I can see, is a soldier i.e. leaving his team while capping or pushing something, to kill a stray demoman.... who could be a spy
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 pm

that's a pretty low blow It might just be because I'm receiving it, but I dunno

Those of you worried that you're missing prime exam-studying time right now, keep in mind you're now participating not only in the bloodiest war Team Fortress 2 has ever seen, but the bloodiest battle, ever, of all time. I don't want to oversell how big this is, but I am not exaggerating when I say that this war can be seen from space. If a prospective employer isn't impressed by reading that on your college transcript, watch out—you might be applying for a job as a five-year-old girl.

Hah!

Saxton Hale
Back to top Go down
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 pm

The forums have figured out how it all will end!!!!

https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/2yvrtl5.jpg
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 pm

you can always count on them to solve problems!

now to check that link *click*
... .
OF COURSE!
Back to top Go down
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 pm

you can really trust the internet to create anything can't you
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 pm

sadly... yes

SAD BUT TRUU-UUE!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobipine

Bobipine

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Crafting will be present when the update drops http://www.teamfortress.com/crafting/

and... I broke the truce.. I... I killed... 2 soldiers as ... as... as a demoman.... I'm so sorry, can the friendship still stand?
Back to top Go down
Demoman Ghanima
Admin
Demoman Ghanima

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 am

IT FELT GOOOD DIDNT IT
Back to top Go down
https://theweaponsfactory.forumotion.com
Sartock

Sartock

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 am

I posted that link in a new thread...haha i just found it here XD

and good Bobi, keep up the good work Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Sartock2
SkaterCanuck

SkaterCanuck

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm

hidden page with potential melee weapons!

http://www.teamfortress.com/war/saxtonhale/poopyjoe.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A bit of theories Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bit of theories   A bit of theories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit of theories
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Weapons Factory :: The Assembly Line (Game Related Discussions) :: TF2-
Jump to: